OPSA software is completely developed in house at MTI,
as all of our products! No third party GUI. No third
party image processing routines. Completely customizable
according to your needs.
- Fast. Typical processing time is 4 sec./image in a 500 MHz
Pentium machine, including all processing steps, from acquisition
- Morphological segmentation,
optimized for maximum speed and reliability. No need to
discard images, ever; our morphological segmentation converges
every time, and is suitable for detecting fines.
- Fast background correction.
Good performance under almost any lighting conditions.
- Stereological correction for size distribution: no empirical
measurements and no need to identify features individually.
No slow, time consuming area measurement.
- Multiple channels. Up to 6 sampling points can be managed
per instance of OPSA.
- Frame grabber interfaces built to order, or just use one
of the already built-in interfaces for VideoPort Pro,
Sensoray and DataTranslation frame grabbers.
- Runs on all flavors of Windows, 95, 98, 98SE, 2000, NT, and
- Runs on both Desktop and Laptop systems.
Particle size analysis from
acquired images starts with the definition of the best sequence
of image processing operations to ensure proper feature identification.
OPSA offers a complete GUI for image processing, with an
extensive menu of processing routines. This ensures that
all possible processing routes are properly tested and compared
before on-line processing ever starts.
MULTIPLE CHANNELS FOR MULTIPLE SAMPLING
Each instance of OPSA
can handle up to six sampling points. This allows the sequential
monitoring of the size distributions in the feed of four SAG
mill feed lines, together with crusher product and screen oversize
at the crushing plant, just as an example.
Each sampling point or camera can be set-up with completely different
processing parameters, processing sequence, number of images,
and scale, with the best set of parameters for each sampling
location at all times.
OPSA can also be ran in tandem with existing imaging
systems already at your plant without customization, allowing
for easy integration with any machine vision system that you
may already be using. On multiple channels as well!
Each channel or sampling point can be set-up with its own
set of processing parameters. This includes:
- Interactive scale setting.
- Background correction, allowing operation with just about
any type of lightning.
- Elimination of artifacts with Euclidian Distance Map based
- Choice of several processing routines, and combinations there
- Up to 11 sizes per size analysis.
- Size analysis output at arbitrary sizes specified by user.
- Variable number of images per analysis. Output can
be for one image, or for an average of up to 20 images acquired
- Acquisition can be delayed according to conveyor speed so
sampling is always optimum.
- And more...
Real time graphical, tabular and text outputs display size analysis
results quickly and clearly. All output can be easily manipulated,
pasted into reports, and imported into Excel. Historical
information, including images, size distributions, D80, D50 and
D25 can be saved periodically in an archive database for performance
evaluation . ASCII format output allows for easy interfacing
with your PLC. Data from OPSA can be easily incorporated
in any existing control system.
OPSA is an effective solution for your on-line particle
size control needs:
- Is affordable, fully interactive and user-friendly.
- Represents over 10 years of R&D validated by numerous plant
- Is designed for convenient and intuitive operation for ease
of learning: basic user proficiency is achieved in less than
- Requires no special training in image analysis and processing.
- OPSA powerful and versatile capabilities make it the
perfect machine vision tool for quarry operators, coal processors,
base metal and industrial mineral producers, pellet plants and
- OPSA is a very cost effective solution for better process
Pentium® PC - Windows 95, 98 or NT, 2000 -
32MB Ram Memory - 50MB disk space.
- Phone, fax and email support as well as software upgrades
are available at no cost for one year. Other support agreements
can be arranged.
- On-site training and workshops are available upon request.
- Mineral Technologies, Inc. provides hardware specifications
and recommendations for use with OPSA.
- Mineral Technologies, Inc. provides installation services
for OPSA systems.
- Contact MTI to arrange for
- Download the demo version
of OPSA 1.10.9 (16.4 Mb).
- Contact MTI to obtain the necessary
password to install the demo.
© 2007 Mineral Technologies International,
Inc. All rights reserved.
Windows is a registered Trademark of Microsoft Corporation.